So delicious and refreshing. This recipe reminds me of trips to Lake Powell and lunch on the houseboat.Its cool, light and healthy!!! My Mother In Law makes this every year. Its easy and feeds a lot of people. Plus its light enough that you aren’t left with that horrible stuffed feeling and can go out water skiing after you eat 🙂 I am posting the amounts I used to feed my family of 4 (soon to be 5!) Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup of honey flavored yogurt (not honey vanilla. big difference)
- 1/4 cup mayo (optional) or you can use all yogurt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder to start. you can always add more. this is a personal thing. some people like a hint of curry and some like a ton!
- 1/4 tsp cumin to start
- plenty of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 cup scallionsn(optional)
start by prepping your ingredients. Cut your grapes, celery and scallions.
Add all ingredients to a large bowl. I start with the yogurt, mix to combine with chicken, then add spices. Spice measurements are usually never exact in my kitchen. Sometimes I am happy with what I start with and other times I feel like adding more. I just taste as I go and make adjustments. Really all depends on my mood. 🙂 Then add every thing else. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. This is so much better once it sits and chills for a bit.
We like to eat ours on fresh croissants but you can serve this however you would like! It definitely has enough flavor to stand on its own.